November 13, 2009

what did you do yesterday?


good morning paris! i stumbled off the train at about nine and went straight up la butte.




lovely contrast on le sacre coeur.



i walked around up there a bit and sat in sacre coeur for a bit and then sauntered down to rose bakery for breakfast. it wasn't particularly enjoyable because they weren't busy at all and i was just expecting more from the staff. no matter, the coffee was decent and fruit salad delicious.


then the search for the a.p.c surplus store began. i had drawn myself a pretty good map of the places i definitely wanted to see (rose bakery, a.p.c, laura's work place, gare du nord) but beyond that i was wandering around aimlessly. anyway, i found a.p.c but it didn't open til 12 so i ended up walking up la butte again! i made it back later though, let me assure you!


this is where laura is doing and internship for a trend forecaster. it's also where iannis xenakis lived. small world.



the very silly ms geddes.


she took me to a very charming restaurant for lunch. called cote 9eme (5, rue henri monnier) and it reminded me of le taxi jeune - the owner also runs the place and is obviously very passionate about it.


metro-ed down to concorde.


a bunch of cymbals in the pond. the ducks were none too pleased, let me tell you.



i went into colette but it was uninspiring - even the window was lame. i might be biased, but dover street is infinitely better. i sound really miserable, don't i? i did actually really enjoy myself, promise!



so down to le seine.


i've experienced paris in all seasons now and i think autumn might be my favourite. but i think autumn is in general so maybe it means nothing. either way, paris, you've reclaimed my heart.


1 comment:

Sam J said...

Nice pics. Be sure to let us know next time you're in town (though granted I was on my way to Zürich that day!).