March 23, 2009

ye olde

my goodness it was bloody windy today! had a rambling kind of day, with vague destinations in mind :

started out in covent garden at monmouth coffee and wandered about a bit through familiar streets (neal st in particular).
on to the national gallery - note to ellie : i saw lady grey, surrounded by school children. she's very luminous - note to josh : also saw the tiger by rousseau that caused much consternation, don't know if you remember but it has stuck firmly in my mind.
then on up to soho to have another coffee (i know. i needed to sit though.). i went to milkbar (i found it! i always get tangled in soho but it's right near the fancy nando's!) and ran into a regular from work. his name is matt and he's from sydney and he and his girlfriend are going to take me under their wing a bit (they're a bit older but with similar design-y, music-y, coffee-y sentiments). he's given me the beginnings of a list for london and has promised one for paris (to add to my own of course).
then over to mayfair to check out new stuff at dover street (speedos are coming in next week!) and down savile row to stalk a bit... not really. i do like walking down there though.
but, alas, the weather got the better of me and i wasn't prepared so i came home again to a broken lock (thanks to my brilliant flatmate... long story, he's such a knob) and some internet!
big day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I remember le tigre!
I stand by my inane comments on said startled tiger; though maybe articulation of aforementioned inane comments was hampered by tiny-earls-court-bed induced fatigue.
S.
B.EnvD

Sophie said...

i still stand by my claim that you know nothing about art. unfair?