February 21, 2009

saturday, again

a sunny day in old london town. i spent it at work. this is the view south on pitfield street as i was walking home again.

the market was packed today, full of over-dressed hipsters and mums with prams. looked like a lot of fun though! some interesting stuff happened to me though. kat came in with an apple for me which made my day it was very tasty and much appreciated. also this australian woman has been coming in every saturday and she was so familiar to me but i couldn't place her. so i served her today and asked where she was from and how i couldn't place her. we whittled it down (she's from perth, she's a muso, she used to teach...) and it turns out she's gen wilkins, my very first and absolute favourite drum teacher and band leader from year seven! we were so busy that we didn't get to talk but, mum, dad and ellie will remember how much i loved her and what a great teacher she was. working in the cafe is pretty good.

No comments: